Top 5 best-selling cars in world history2 min read
The first vehicles were manufactured in 1886, and until the last 131 years, the automotive industry seems to have been successful. About 1 billion cars are on the road and more than 1,000 models are under customer discretion. Sabay unveils five best-selling models in the global market
5. Volkswagen Passat (1973 – currently sold 23 million units)
The Passat line breaks Volkswagen history with more than 23 million vehicles sold since its launch in 1973. The peak came during Ferdinand Piech’s move from Audi to VW in 1993.
4. Honda Civic (1972 – currently sold 24 million units)
Japanese Honda once wanted to stop making cars and switch to motorcycles, but the idea changed after the success. On the Civic family since 1972. Until 2016, the 10th generation Civic was named the best-selling car in Canada for 19 consecutive years Between 1997 and 2016.
3. Volkswagen Golf (1974 – currently sold 33 million units)
Golf entered the European market in 1974, a year before the US market, with more than 33 million units sold. For the last four decades, about 2,210 golf carts have been sold daily in the global market.
2. Ford F-Series (1948 – currently sold 40 million units)
F-Seires, the best-selling truck in the United States for 40 consecutive years, debuted in 1948 with more than 40 million units in circulation. On the streets. The first generation of this car was known to be easy to repair and suitable for agricultural work.
1. Toyota Corolla (1966 – currently sold 44.1 million units)The first Corolla was announced in 1966, and by 1974 it was the best-selling car in the world after entering 150 markets. By 2015, the brand had broken another record by selling more than 1.3 million vehicles a year.